Sunday, August 16, 2009

Recipe Time

Well, I got to thinking that I need to change this around a little. I have been devoting so much of my time to digital scrapbooking, that now I am really missing my hobby of cooking and baking. So, I decided I will post a recipe that I love periodically. I can't post a picture of the recipe at this time, since I am on a diet, and will be going on a cruise to Alaska on 9/12.....have to fit into those small clothes in my closet, and not be fat for those scrapbooking moments while in Alaska. Anyway, without further ado, here's the first recipe post. I found this recipe in the San Antonio Express News (either in the late 80's or early 90's), and I've made this quite a number of times.

Fiesta Bread

  • 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen and thawed bread dough, white or wheat (I've only used white), or 10 thawed white rolls, or 16 thawed Parker House rolls
  • 1/4 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
  • 1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup finely diced red or green bell pepper
  • 3 green onions, finely diced
  • 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained

If using bread dough, divide loaf into 16 pieces. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan. Dip each piece of dough in salsa, then roll in cheese. Place each piece of dough in greased pan. Top with pepper, onions and olives. Let dough rise until double in size (until dough fills up the pan). Bake in preheated 375-degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove from pan immediately to cool.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so good!! Look foreward to the next recipe :)

    ReplyDelete